The NHS Health Trainer Service
Health Trainers are local people who have been trained to have the skills to help you make a real difference to your health. By offering practical support and encouragement in key topics areas i.e. stop smoking, weight management, they will help you to make small but significant changes in the way you live your life.
Are NHS Health Trainers for me?
If you would like more help and support to eat healthily, become more active, become smokefree and / or drink sensibly or want to find out what you can access in your local area i.e health walks, luncheon clubs, fitness classes, then Health Trainers are for you.
How can I access the service?
This is a free service. You can arrange for a health trainer to see you by contacting either of the people below, who will allocate you to the most appropriate Health Trainer to support you in meeting your goal.
The contact information for local services are as follows:
Worcestershire - Jayne McCullough, Health Trainer Coordinator, Telephone: 01905 760389, Email: Jayne.McCullough@worcspct.nhs.uk
The Health Trainers will provide:
- A friendly, approachable contact to begin the process of personal health improvement
- Effective one to one support and advice to individuals wanting to make a lifestyle change
- The opportunity for an individual to make a realistic and honest assessment of their readiness and personal capacity to make the proposed change
- Practical ideas and support to encourage an individual in working to achieve their primary goal
- Knowledge of local support networks which can offer further help
- Constructive challenge and motivational boost to help an individual make and sustain change
- Clear boundaries about the level and length of time support can be made available
- Enable referral onwards to specialist services as appropriate